Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Baby's Nursery

I thought I'd reveal our nursery now that it is mostly complete! Good thing, since we are only 3 weeks away for our due date.


It came out pretty close to the original mood board I put together and overall I am very happy with the look. I can't wait until our little baby boy or baby girl gets to come home to his or her new space. I also uploaded it to Project Nursery if you want to check it out there.

IMGP6752

IMGP6758

IMGP6810

IMGP6759

IMGP6757


IMGP6804

IMGP6813

IMGP6808

IMGP6794

IMGP6783

IMGP6796

IMGP6770

IMGP6773

IMGP6769edit

IMGP6767

I also want to share the sources for all of the great "stuff" to help provide ideas to others:

Furniture:
Accessories:
And a Few Vintage Finds:
  • Retro wicker changing table-circa 1981, mine from childhood. (Was brown, but my dad painted it white.)
  • Aqua Mirror (found at the vintage bazaar)
  • Green Lamp (found 5 years ago at a vintage shop in Chicago. New shade still being made!)
Grey Wall Color:
Phew...so there you have it: Our Baby's Nursery! I searched online for months for nursery ideas, so I hope this helps someone else on their nursery decorating journey.

12 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist March 22, 2011 at 11:59 PM  

LOVE!

The Maiden Metallurgist March 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah March 23, 2011 at 9:10 AM  

blows me away. you did AWESOME. :) i mean, seriously. it's perfection.

N. March 23, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

I love it! Your baby is going to love growing up among all that color.

Maria March 23, 2011 at 2:55 PM  

Your nursery is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Bobby March 23, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Love the room!

Especially the rocker! I also have the Abacus from CB2 in my place in Miami.

Thanks again for the post


Bobby

Colleen MacDonald March 25, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

I absolutely love it! Not only is it magazine-worthy, it is very kid friendly. Just the right amount of color and calm. It's a place that both kids and grown-ups can enjoy. I'm envisioning you with your new little one spending lots of fun filled hours in there.

cassi March 25, 2011 at 3:54 PM  

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

This is beautiful, fantastic job!!

Tara @ Baby Lifestyles April 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

This nursery is so stunning. I'm sure your baby will be so happy to call it home.

I'd love to feature it and do an interview you about it at Baby Lifestyles. Please email me at editor at babylifestyles dot com if you are interested to discuss further.

And Claire is absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous June 23, 2011 at 12:25 PM  

I LOVE your nursery! It has given me tons of ideas...being a foster mom and never knowing if i'm getting a boy/girl or a newborn/toddler, this is a great gender neutral room that can grow with them.

elily00 April 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM  

I love your nursery! We're using similar colors for our little boys nursery :). I was wondering about a couple items that you didn't list... Where did you get the polka dot blanket and basket that is on the bottoms shelf? I love those! Beautiful job!

Stephanie April 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM  

elily00: Both the blanket and the basket on the bottom shelf are Carter's from Babies R Us. Not sure if the pattern is still out there, but good luck!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP