Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Davey Jr.

So we are not married yet (only 10 days away) and once we are we won't plan on having kids for at least a few years, BUT Dave has already announced that if we have a boy it will be, David Jr.


This does not please me. At all.

Just to be clear, I have nothing against other people being juniors. I know plenty of them. And I think it's cool when it's a unique family name or when it's a long standing tradition like "the III" or even more. But I feel like I am way too creative to name my child the same thing as I call my husband. I really just don't want to spend 18 years of our life having people call the house asking for "Dave" and I say, "Big Dave or Little Dave?" Imagine the confusion!

Am I being selfish here? I feel like since this fictional-for-now baby will be living in my future-womb, I should have at least 50% say in this, if not 51%. I'm fine with David as a middle name, but he is pretty dead set on a Jr. So what's a girl to do?

In the meantime, check out what our fictional Junior looks like:




I made him using this ! Check it out.

2 comments:

N. October 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

I refuse to name any of our future children after anyone, much less a jr. I agree, there are just too many creative names...
Give it time, though, maybe by the time you have a boy in the womb, your husband will have changed his mind. If not... then you'll have some compromising to do! :)

sarah October 31, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

Um...I'm with you on the name thing (although not on the baby thing, but that's not the point). My little bro played baseball for years with a boy named Dave Jr. Dave Sr. was also a coach. Great family, but they WERE Big Dave and Little Dave...it just stuck...and you could tell "little" Dave (who is now well over 6 feet tall) is not pleased with that!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP