Monday, March 28, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
I thought I'd reveal our nursery now that it is mostly complete! Good thing, since we are only 3 weeks away for our due date.
It came out pretty close to the original mood board I put together and overall I am very happy with the look. I can't wait until our little baby boy or baby girl gets to come home to his or her new space. I also uploaded it to Project Nursery if you want to check it out there.
I also want to share the sources for all of the great "stuff" to help provide ideas to others:
- Abacus, from cb2
- Woven Veneer Pendant, from west elm
- Dream Menagerie Rug, from anthropologie
- Jungle Friends-Bamboo Mobile, from petitcollage, etsy seller
- Hand Quilted Velvet Pillow in Orange, Round Pintuck Pillow in Yellow, Velvet Ruffle Pillow in Green & Hand Quilted Velvet Pillow in Turquoise, from urban outfitters
- owl lantern in light blue, from urban outfitters
- orange changing pad cover, from The Land of Nod
- Cutie Bear Print, from Delicious Design League
- Zebra & Giraffe Print, from OrangeWillow, etsy seller
- Illinois & Missouri Print, from qadesign, etsy seller
- Lime Green Ceramic Piglet Bank, from crate & barrel outlet
- brightly colored shelf bins, from The Land of Nod
- Aqua Glass Zinnia Knobs, anthropologie
And a Few Vintage Finds:
- Retro wicker changing table-circa 1981, mine from childhood. (Was brown, but my dad painted it white.)
- Aqua Mirror (found at the vintage bazaar)
- Green Lamp (found 5 years ago at a vintage shop in Chicago. New shade still being made!)
Grey Wall Color:
- Benjamin Moore Aura AF-700 "Storm"
Phew...so there you have it: Our Baby's Nursery! I searched online for months for nursery ideas, so I hope this helps someone else on their nursery decorating journey.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
To top off the nursery we needed something small near the rocker on which to set a book, a glass of water, etc.
I had been eyeing this Martini Side Table from West Elm for a while, but I wasn't sure about the $129 price tag:
After a little searching, I found this Sally Stool in melon, online at Target for only $49.99. I think it seems a little more "kid friendly" as well:
Better, yet I added it to the baby registry and used my 10% registry completion coupon to order it, which included free shipping. I hope it works out when it arrives!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
The nursery is almost complete so I hope to take photos shortly of the finished product.
One of the last finishing touches will be this awesome orange fizz clock coming my way from chiasso... at a deep discount from my sister since she works their as a graphic designer ;-)
And last night we added this cute, little white wall book bin from the Land of Nod, which we hung by the rocker for easy reading access:
And a few of these small, strapping storage bins in white, green and orange:
We're almost there!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
My iBook G4 has been so very, very good to me. It will turn 6 years old soon and all I have ever had to replace is the battery power cord 2.5 years ago! A six-year-old, fully-functioning laptop that's never met a virus... this is why I love apple so much.
However, the time has come for an upgrade (it is running out of space and I fear a crash from simple old-age at any time). Dave granted my wish as my 30th birthday present, so tonight I built my own MacBook online and it should arrive next week!
I'm also excited that it will have a built in camera so that we can skype with the grandparents back in STL once the baby arrives. Yeah, I could have just bought an external web cam, but don't tell that to Dave ;-)