Friday, December 31, 2010
Thursday, December 30, 2010
I thought I would share a great sale going on at west elm.
New items were just added this week to the sale, including the white overlapping-squares daybed we have been holding out for. So I added it to the shopping cart as soon as I saw that it was $110 less!
To make it even better, they are currently offering an additional EXTRA 20% off any sale item using promo code: 20MORE
So we ordered our daybed, and we went with just the frame and plan to order a cheaper mattress from overstock.com to avoid hefty shipping charges.
Sale Price: $349.99
Additional 20% off Price: -$70.00, $279.99
Total Savings of: 179.01 (before shipping or tax) :-)
Monday, December 13, 2010
This week, I thought I'd bring back Mood Board Monday!
It's really for selfish reasons, because I have been compiling images of everything we plan to include in our nursery and I wanted to see it all in one place before the room was actually put together.
We are planning a gender-neutral nursery since the sex of our baby will be a surprise. I knew I wanted light grey walls (Sherwin-Williams "March Wind"), white furniture and pops of bright, modern colors (read: no pastels) such as vibrant orange & aqua. The crib and dresser are purchased but it was the rug that we just bought which was the inspiration for the rest of the color palette.
Here are the sources of my inspiration...
Top (from left to right):
1. Abacus, from cb2
2. Dream Menagerie Rug, from anthropologie
3. Jungle Friends-Bamboo Mobile, from petitcollage, etsy seller
4. gion organic bed linens, from cb24.
5.overlapping-squares daybed, from west elm
6. owl lantern in light blue, from urban outfitters
7. orange changing pad cover, from The Land of Nod
8. Hemnes 3 drawer chest, from Ikea
9. Monte Alto Rocker in charcoal, from Monte Designs
10. Cutie Bear Print, from Delicious Design League
11. Gulliver crib in white, from Ikea