Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 28, 2010

STL Illustrator: Dan Zettwoch


My sister gave me a completely awesome screenprint for my birthday from a talented St. Louis Illustrator/Artist, Dan Zettwoch.

The print is called St. Louis Style and it features all of the famous, local fare from my favorite hometown:


Of course my favorite feature is the STL style pizza and the equation for provel cheese (no, not provolone, provel).


Man I miss that cheese! My mother-in-law brought us two pounds of provel when she came up for Thanksgiving just because we can't buy it here.

I know many St. Louisans read my blog so I wanted to share the work of this local (to you) artist. This new print is a 3-color, hand-pulled screenprint on wheat-colored Canson Edition paper, edition of 100, 30" x 11 1/4" and he's selling them for $25 apiece while they last.

A great addition to any kitchen or rec area :-) Now I just need to get mine framed and hung.

2 comments:

Jennelle January 29, 2010 at 6:16 AM  

You have the coolest art! Is that really how you make provel? I had no idea! Someone did tell me once (and maybe it's because they wanted to feel superior) that provel is actually seen as a less-than-desirable cheese. Unfortunate, because it is DELISH!

Colleen MacDonald January 29, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

That is one cool poster. And WOW! I've never heard of provel cheese, and now I'm wanting it! It sounds heavenly!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP