Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Today's Catalog Finds

Today, I had jury duty and I needed a way to fill my time. Since my favorite past-time is normally online shopping, and I was sure to be without a wi-fi connection, I brought all of my latest catalogs along so I could browse those instead. And wouldn't you know it, I have dog-ears in every one of them! Whether I purchase these items is another story, but I thought I'd still feature a few of my faves particularly from Williams Sonoma & cb2.


First, was a flip through the Williams Sonoma catalog where I spotted this very cool ravioli maker (they call it a ravioli mold in the print catalog), for only $24.95:


I was tempted to purchase this until I realized I would also need this terrific-looking, but terribly impractical Imperia pasta machine, $69.95, in order to make the pasta sheets:


It's not really the price that deters me, it's my lack of counter-space and/or storage that is holding me back since I know I wouldn't use it regularly. We shall see...

I also got excited about these adorable message-in-a-cookie cutters, only $19.99. At that price they might be too delicious to pass up:


And as I am catching up on my google reader I also noticed that Andrea has the same love-affair with these cookie cutters, so great minds think alike. Or at least swoon alike ;-)

Now let's move on to my cb2 catalog finds. This abacus wall art also caught my eye, $149.
I also love these oliver appetizer plates, $2.95 each. Not just because they are completely kitschy and fun, but because I also got a chance to see the graphic designer & illustrator who created "Oliver", Jana Kinsman, speak last month at a Chicago AIGA event and hear her story. She definitely has two sides to her: organizing information for the consumer in the clean, bold, heavily typographic style that is typical of Crate & Barrel but then she has this quirky, hand-drawn illustration side to her that cb2 has now embraced.

This one is my favorite:

I'll probably pick a few up at some point to give out as hostess gifts down the road!

5 comments:

andrea January 6, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

Steph- love the ravioli maker too! I think my mom got a pretty small pasta roller thing on the hill...maybe the next time you are in STL you will have to check it out.

I love those cookie cutters so much. I went to order them today and they are backordered until April! So sad.

Jennelle January 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

Oooh, I want a ravioli mold! But you're right, it's not something that would get a ton of use. Matt wants a KitchenAid mixer with a pasta attachment, but we don't really have room for that, either. :(

Mary January 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

I saw those little Oliver plates in Uncommon Goods (I think). You should add that one to your list if you don't already peruse their selection. And I can't even look at the WS catalog anymore for the reason you mentioned-you think, "huh, I could really use that little [fill in the blank], but where on earth would I put it?" Maybe someday when I have my giant gourmet kitchen, but for now, I'm still juggling counter space for the basics.

Sassy January 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

Those cookie cutters are so awesome! I have to have them (or something like them, as I'm not sure I can wait until April!). You find the cutest and coolest stuff. Thanks for always sharing!

Stephanie January 8, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Mary, I do love Uncommon Goods as well! Great stuff in there.

And I do think I will order those cookie cutter anyway, backorder or not ladies!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP