Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Vintage Typewriter Is Here

I posted a few weeks ago about my hunt for a vintage typewriter and I'm excited to share that option #3 from etsy seller "iamanie" fit all of my criteria and it arrived yesterday! Overall it's in great shape and looks really nice. I'm in love with the stylish case; it looks like a bowling ball case to me.

I opened it up and found that the seller included a cute little thank you note resting in the keys, with a birdie on it none-the-less. It's like she knows me!

The typewriter itself is a Remington Premier. I have no idea what year it was made or anything, so I guess I should research that a bit further, but I love the look.


I tried it out and the space bar sticks pretty badly, but if it becomes a problem I bet I can get it repaired. All of the other keys and functions seem to be in fine working order.


Plus, I won't be using it to type the next great American novel. In fact, at first I think I'll put it to use making some handmade greeting cards. More to come on that!

5 comments:

andrea January 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

Its a beauty!

Tell me more about the craft paper envelope/card and printed bird.....I am loving that!

Did you make it? ;)

Jennelle January 31, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Very cool! Can't wait to see what you do with it. :)

Mary February 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

That's really cool! I love the little case. It reminds me of this artist who works at 3rd Degree Glass here and his name is "Typewriter Tim." He takes these old typewriters and pours melted glass in them to make sculptures. Though if you're a fan of typewriters, you might not be able to handle the typewriter carnage;)

Colleen MacDonald February 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

It's positively adorable, and will lend a special *something* to your cards. Nice choice.

Nick Bodemer July 21, 2012 at 6:13 PM  

It was most likely made between 1961 and 1962. I bought an identical one, and the ads I found through my local library were all from 1961 and 1962.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP