Monday, May 31, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
And for the rest of you, if you are totally bummed just remember the Petit Rococo bowtie necklace is still for sale online in any color for only $18 right here.
Monday, May 24, 2010
It's Mood Board Monday!
For my second edition, I'm featuring a mood board I created withthe color combo midnight blue and violet.
Below are the sources of my inspiration...
Top (from left to right):
1. Baby Leg Warmers Gray with Blue and Purple Argyle, by BarefootClips, etsy seller
2. Kimchi Blue Printed Empire Halter Tank in Purple, Urban Outfitters
3. Liberty of London Blue, Purple & Red Toddler Swimsuit, Target
4. Tissue Pom Kit shown in Boysenberry, Navy & Grey, by prosttothehost, etsy seller
5. Lucienne Bracelet - Navy blue silk rose with frosted purple beads, by EternalEden, etsy seller
6. Print Color Options Blue Jay & Eggplant (my fave is 'Keep Calm and Blog On'), by KeepCalmShop, etsy seller
7. Fountain in Midnight Wallpaper by Amy Butler (my inspiration for this whole board!), for Graham & Brown
While this color combo could be viewed as dark or become overwhelming, I love the way it's used above and actually find the berry tones to be romantic yet cheerful. Although unintentional at first, I also really like the accent color of grey that appears in many of these images.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
I recently came across the Fossil Felicity handbag collection and it reminds me very much of Orla Kiely's collection, but for a whole lot less dough.
Both handbag collections are made of printed, laminated canvas and both feature bold, mod floral patterns. So without further ado, here they are for your viewing pleasure and critical comparison:
So what do you think? No, the Fossil bag doesn't have the broad recognition that Orla Kiely's "stems" pattern has and the bag's shape & structure may lack a bit of the same sophistication, but for 1/3 of the price I think it's a steal. In fact, I just ordered the Fossil Felicity Shopper in Yellow online.
Friday, May 21, 2010
I bit the bullet today, spent my $200 and signed up for another course at Lill Street Art Center!
What's a better way to spend your summer than getting outdoors to new places and learning to make better photographs? This class will meet on location in different Chicago neighborhoods. We'll learn about the history of each place, the major features, and then explore each with our cameras. Each class will culminate with lunch at a great neighborhood restaurant. This is a terrific way to hone your travel photography skills while getting to know Chicago better, and eating some good food!
Monday, May 17, 2010
Top (from left to right):
1. Blue Colander, Martha Stewart Collection for Macy's
2. Chicago Ork Poster, Orange & Blue
3. Old Aqua Wheelbarrow by deardaisycottage, on flickr
4. Vintage Enamel Blue and Orange Daisy Brooch, by bunnygoods, etsy seller
5. Orange by D Sharon Pruitt, on flickr
6. Orange and Aqua by wiccked, on flickr
7. Oranges in Turquoise Bowl by hedgiecc, on flickr
9. Real Simple Logo
10. Be Yourself. Flower Hair Pins, by jennifermagnesi, etsy seller
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Today I got up at the crack of dawn to head to my first ever garage sale excursion. A neighborhood here in Chicago was having a big sale that has been hyped up a bit so I thought it might be a nice time to scope out a bunch of sales all at once, but...it was a bust. Maybe I wasn't in the mood or maybe it's just seeing the junk in other people's garages that makes me realize I really don't need anymore junk of my own. Don't get me wrong, I won't give up on garage sales altogether but today I was particularly unimpressed so I might stick to vintage sales and thrift stores, etc. for the time being.
Job well done, Lou-dog! (And yes, we like to taunt the Cubs fans here with our grill cover.)
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Revolution has a nice selection of their own brews, but I stuck to the Bottom Up Wit which I thoroughly enjoyed. Dave had the Cross of Gold & the Logan Pride and both were quite nice.
My favorite of the night though was the pizza special, a Spring Pea & Bacon Pizza served with a pea puree as the sauce, fontina cheese, halved grape tomatoes and an organic fried egg on top. TO. DIE. FOR.
If you like more meat on your pie though, try the Smoke House Pizza with pulled pork, bacon, and smoked tomato sauce.
This was our first visit, but it will not be our last. It's so nice to have a walkable option like this in the hood. I am also excited that they are now offering free brewery tours every Saturday at noon. Tours last about 45 minutes and include a free sample.
Check it out this summer :-)
Their flavors include:
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Tonight, I'm posting my first giveaway! I am excited to feature some amazing, handmade pieces from Petit Rococo Jewelry.
Here are some of my favorites...
Icy Lilac Necklace - $58
Isn't it lovely? So, here's how to win:
- Become a Facebook Fan of Petit Rococo here or join the e-mail list to receive updates here (or both!). Then, leave a comment letting me know which color Bowtie necklace is your favorite and which way you chose to keep in touch with Petit Rococo (email or facebook).
- For a 2nd bonus entry, Blog or tweet about this giveaway and leave another comment letting me know you've done so.
This contest is open to all readers, Good luck!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
My canine niece that is. My sister celebrated Mother's Day as the new mom to a terrific, scruffalicious pup.
Her name is Monster and she is part French Bulldog, part Brussels Griffon Terrier and all love.
Behold this beautiful bearded lady!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Posted by Stephanie at 8:51 PM
Sunday, May 2, 2010
I guess I totally have a thing for Hefeweizen's considering the only other beer I have reviewed here is one with very similar characteristics as well.
Now I know how we'll be spending a Saturday afternoon in the near future!