Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Revolution Brewing Co.

Yet another review of another great Chicago food and drink experience... I'm realizing we must really like beer. And eating :-)

We went to Revolution Brewing Co. in Logan Square last night and had a terrific experience, even with an hour + wait.

They were really thinking when they built the waiting/cocktail area. It sure beats getting bumped into for an hour while crowding around a bar and interrupting those eating there to get the bartenders attention.

On the contrary, we had an excellent cocktail waitress, who kept our beer glasses full and made the wait enjoyable. It also didn't hurt that the weather was finally nice, so they had the wall of windows open to the sidewalk which made it bright and breezy. I also loved the lighting fixtures and ceiling:

Revolution has a nice selection of their own brews, but I stuck to the Bottom Up Wit which I thoroughly enjoyed. Dave had the Cross of Gold & the Logan Pride and both were quite nice.


Now on to the food. As an appetizer we had the sweet potato cakes, which are served with a red pepper & curry yogurt. These were quite good. Very sweet, could have used a touch of salt, but very good none-the-less.

My favorite of the night though was the pizza special, a Spring Pea & Bacon Pizza served with a pea puree as the sauce, fontina cheese, halved grape tomatoes and an organic fried egg on top. TO. DIE. FOR.


If you like more meat on your pie though, try the Smoke House Pizza with pulled pork, bacon, and smoked tomato sauce.

This was our first visit, but it will not be our last. It's so nice to have a walkable option like this in the hood. I am also excited that they are now offering free brewery tours every Saturday at noon. Tours last about 45 minutes and include a free sample.

Check it out this summer :-)

2 comments:

Jennelle May 16, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

Well, who DOESN'T like eating? :) That pizza looks extra yummy--I wish you were in StL to review restaurants for me to try!

Colleen MacDonald May 16, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Oh my LORD! That post makes me question my farming lifestyle :)

That beer and pizza look AMAZING!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP