Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, May 21, 2010

Exploring Chicago Photography Course

I bit the bullet today, spent my $200 and signed up for another course at Lill Street Art Center!


Remember back in January, when I pondered which course I should take? Well, I'm glad that I waited to decide, because they are offering a great new course this summer called Exploring Chicago -- a 7-week digital photography course offered as part of their new Digital Arts and Photography Department.

Here's the description. I'm getting giddy just reading it again...

What's a better way to spend your summer than getting outdoors to new places and learning to make better photographs? This class will meet on location in different Chicago neighborhoods. We'll learn about the history of each place, the major features, and then explore each with our cameras. Each class will culminate with lunch at a great neighborhood restaurant. This is a terrific way to hone your travel photography skills while getting to know Chicago better, and eating some good food!

This class combines three of my favorite things: photography, food and exploring local neighborhoods. So how could I pass it up? I will miss the first class due to an out-of-town wedding, but I hope to make the most out of the other six weeks and walk away with a great visual narrative of our city. Maybe I'll even make my own custom Chicago coffee table book with the images using blurb.

I have two long months to wait for the class to begin, but I'll be sure to make a weekly post about each neighborhood once I do. And if I've inspired any other Chicago-area shutterbugs to join in the fun, let me know. I'd love to meet you :-)

3 comments:

Jennelle May 22, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

I am SO jealous--that sounds amazing!

Colleen MacDonald May 24, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

I can't wait to see the photos that you take; you're already very talented in this department!

Sara McCarty May 25, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing!! I wish I lived in Chicago so I could take this class with you!! I am so jealous. I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it!!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP