Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flirty Cupcakes on Wheels

Friday was such a nice day here in Chicago, which perfectly aligned with a rare day that I was able to leave the office for lunch. To make my day that much brighter I came across the most glorious sight on my walk, a cupcake truck!

Why didn't I think of this?

Good thing the people of Flirty Cupcakes *on wheels* did. As fate would have it, the day I got away from my desk was the day they parked their van just a few blocks from my building. It was so cute that it lured me right in and I just had to get a taste.

Sure, there are other bakeries scattered around town where you can go for a cupcake craving, but this is different...like the difference between seeing an ice cream truck and seeking out an ice cream parlor. Both are good, but there is just something so spontaneously special about encountering your treat on the street and getting it handed to you through a window.

Here is the Flirty Cupcake mobile:


Their flavors include:

Devil in Disguise
(Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting)

No Plain Jane
(Vanilla Cupcake with Italian Vanilla Buttercream Frosting)

PB&C
(Chocolate Cupcake with Peanut Butter Ganache)

The Curious George
(Banana Chocolate Cupcake with Salted Caramel Italian Buttercream Frosting)

The McDreamy
(Chocolate Cupcake with a Cream Cheese & Chocolate Filling)

CBFF
(Chocolate Cupcake with a Nutella Ganache)

Coconut...Nuts!
(Vanilla Coconut Cupcake with Toasted Coconut Frosting)

Each cupcake is $3.25 or they have the option of purchasing 4 "mini's" for $5.25 (only available in 4 flavors though). I ordered the "Coconut...Nuts!" and it was to die for. Moist and sweet, but not too sweet.

If you live in Chicago, be sure to check out Flirty Cupcakes on Facebook or Twitter to see if they are on their way to an intersection near you.

3 comments:

Jennelle May 16, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

I am SO jealous! That is 10x better than an ice cream man, seriously.

Colleen MacDonald May 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

Oh golly; the ice cream truck for adult women; that's BRILLIANT!

Maria May 17, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

That really is a brilliant idea!!!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP