Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 28, 2010

5 Goals for 2010, Part 1

My good friend Sara just posted her 5 goals for 2010, part 1. I think keeping the list concise and aiming for half of the year at a time is a great idea. A June check-in is just what I will need, since short-term goals always seem much easier to obtain anyway, right? So here it goes...


My FIVE GOALS from January to June 2010:

1. Make my bed every morning. It's amazing how much better it is to come home to a made bed.

2. Take some sort of a creative class or workshop once a month.

3. Never eat McDonald's again. All year. Even on a road trip. Even when my coworkers make an afternoon ice cream run. Even when I'm hungover and offered McD's breakfast. Never, ever.

4. Take Louie (my dog) for a 20 minute walk each night (even when the temp is single digits) instead of running him out the door to potty and rushing him back in. Good for me and for him!

5. Research greener cleaning products and methods for the house, THEN make a cleaning schedule & keep up with it regularly.

What are your newest 5 goals or things you want to do or learn this year?

3 comments:

Jennelle January 29, 2010 at 6:17 AM  

Great goals! I've been making my bed every morning (except, uh, this morning, so please don't look!), and it DOES feel great to come home and not think about cleaning. :)

LC January 29, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

WOW! Those are some major goals! No McDonald's for a year? EVEN HUNGOVER?! There is no way I could do that! Also, taking the dog on a walk everyday would be hard for me. I am such a baby in the cold!!! Good luck...they are great goals!

Colleen MacDonald January 29, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

Those goals are sensible, do-able, and will make a big difference to your life! My two big goals for this year are: 1) drink at least six glasses of water every day, and 2)break a sweat at least 3 days per week. The first seems easier than it is for me!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP