Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Simple, Scrumptious Macaroon Mix

I almost feel silly posting this since they required virtually no effort on my part, but yesterday I opened a box of Barefoot Contessa Coconut Macaroon Mix which I bought a few months ago from Crate & Barrel.



(again, please excuse the quality of my iPhone pics, I've been too lazy to reach for the DSLR mid-project lately.)


Then I added, 6 tablespoons of hot tap water, stirred with a wooden spoon, scooped 20 or so onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and baked for 20-ish minutes.


The result was a pan of amazing, home-baked coconut macaroons.


And right now this mix is on sale at Crate & Barrel for only $4.95, reduced from $8.95, so it's a simple, scrumptious, steal! I might buy another box and try dipping them half way in dark chocolate next time for a truly decadent treat.

2 comments:

Jennelle January 10, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Yummy! I made coconut macaroons from scratch for a cookie exchange last year, and they are super easy! The only ingredients are egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and coconut. I was too tired to dip them in chocolate, but next time I'm trying that, too. :)

andrea January 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

A chocolate dipped macaroon sounds delish!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP