Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Game Night!

This time last year we hosted some friends for a game night, and tonight we plan to do the same!


I just love the holiday season, for many reasons, but mostly because it's the one time of year where I get to be around a lot of family, friends and people that are generally (finally) "in the mood" for my crazy game addiction (or at least will put up with it).

My new favorite game of the year is The Game Of Things sold at Target & Amazon.

So far I have played this with 4 varying groups of people: Friends for fun, my immediate family at Thanksgiving, our extended family of all ages at Christmas and my brother in-law and his in-laws at NYE and... everyone agrees it is really fun! It is great because you can play with numerous players and it's very interactive. Plus, it has no definitive "end", so you can play as long or as little as your group desires. Highly recommend.

I have heard from a coworker that Loaded Questions Adult is entertaining, so we bought that for a family gift exchange, but have not purchased it for us or played it ourselves yet.

And as I said last year, Apple to Apples and Scattergories are always a hit and I also like Electronic Catch Phrase, but I'm in the market for any new games people might also suggest.

I like games that aren't necessarily party games as well. Is there an interesting new Trivial Pursuit version out there I might be missing? Scrabble is all time favorite, and my mom gave me Scrabble Slam for Christmas which I have yet to try. Any other suggestions in that realm to play on more of a quiet night in? I'd love to hear them!

4 comments:

Jennelle January 2, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

We just picked up Things for SIL's birthday at the end of the month, I'm glad to hear it's good! We have Scrabble Slam--fun, but not something I could play for a long time. Regular Scrabble is better.

Scattergories and Catchphrase are two of my all-time faves. We just got Partini and Quelf for Christmas--Quelf claims to be a 12+ game, but it begs for some drinking. :) Partini is a lot like Cranium, but set up more for a party.

jjwgal January 2, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Love the game of things! We played it at two Christmas celebrations this year!

Angie January 2, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

I agree with jennelle, quelf is more fun if you're drinking, it's kinda silly! I just got cranium and can't wait to play that. Love Scattergories and Taboo is always fun too. I love game night!

Revolution Youth January 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

DH and I got Things for Christmas and LOVE it/. We're big game people, esp. sicne we're youth leaders at church. Other games we like:

Boxers or Briefs
Battle of the Sexes
Last Word
Buzz Word

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP