Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Topolobampo, Turning 29 & Eleven Eleven Mississippi

Today is my 29th birthday (yes, the last year in my twenties) and my wonderful husband Dave is taking me to eat tonight at Topolobampo!


If any of you are Top Chef Masters fans, you probably know that this is one of winner Rick Bayless' signature restaurants in Chicago -- one of the only fine-dining Mexican restaurants in the country.


Ever since his big win, reservations are virtually impossible to get at his restaurants without a few months wait. Dave tried in October to get reservations for our November wedding anniversary and was told the first open reservation was in JANUARY! So he decided to make them for my birthday instead and surprise me with his ability to plan way ahead ;-)

Here is this month's menu and it all looks amazing! I'll write a full report about what we order and what we think in the days to come.

I also took off work tomorrow so that I could thoroughly enjoy some cocktails tonight and also have a nice 4-day birthday weekend, since Monday we are off for work for MLK day.

With the extended time of off work, I am heading home to Saint Louis Friday to celebrate my birthday with family & friends there and also to celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday on Saturday! Yes, 90. Much more impressive than 29.

My Saint Louis birthday dinner with my immediate family will be at Eleven Eleven Mississippi. Here is their menu, and once you take a gander I'm sure you'll see why I am really excited to eat there as well. Creamy aged goat cheese polenta? Yes, please!

Happy Birthday to Me!

4 comments:

Coree January 14, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Happy Birthday! Have fun and the restaurants. They all sounds so yummy. I can't wait to hear your reviews. I am jealous you have a nice long weekend. We don't get MLK day off.

andrea January 14, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

Happy Birthday!

I love Eleven Eleven Mississippi! SO delish.

What great planning your husband did...such a nice surprise! I love mexican and that menu looks so yummy! I love Top Chef, too, so what a fun treat to go there. I would love to say that the next time I go to Chicago that I would go there, but it sounds like I would need to start planning now to get a reservation!

Have a great birthday and a wonderful time in St. Louis!

Liz January 15, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Happy B-day! And even though I live in STL, I've never been to that restaurant. I'll add it to my list of places to try!

Lisa January 15, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

What a cool way to spend your birthday!! I LOVE Rick Bayless. His sweet personality is infectious and can't wait to try his food.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP