Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 4, 2011

Out with the iBook, in with the MacBook.

My iBook G4 has been so very, very good to me. It will turn 6 years old soon and all I have ever had to replace is the battery power cord 2.5 years ago! A six-year-old, fully-functioning laptop that's never met a virus... this is why I love apple so much.


However, the time has come for an upgrade (it is running out of space and I fear a crash from simple old-age at any time). Dave granted my wish as my 30th birthday present, so tonight I built my own MacBook online and it should arrive next week!


I'm also excited that it will have a built in camera so that we can skype with the grandparents back in STL once the baby arrives. Yeah, I could have just bought an external web cam, but don't tell that to Dave ;-)

0 comments:

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP