Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shaken and Stirred

Shaken and stirred, but unfortunately, this post is not about a martini. 


It is about the unfortunate news we were made aware of at work today that has truly shook me. Since it also has a St. Louis connection, and I know many of my readers are in that area, I thought I should share my very small connection to the victims of this tragic event. 

On Sunday, there was a brutal in-home attack in Seattle that left one woman dead and one woman wounded. 

The wounded victim, who was thankfully released from the hospital, is the manager of my company's Seattle office. 

The murder victim is our colleague's partner, and she also happens to be a St. Louis native and a graduate of DuBourg and UMSL. They were planning their wedding/commitment ceremony for September.

News like this can really stir me to the core. It makes me realize how precious life is and how crime, whether hate-related or random, is all so senseless yet can leave you feeling so helpless.  

As our manager reminded us today, 'go home and hug the ones you love and realize what is truly important in life'. I know thoughts and prayers can go a long way, so please keep the victims and their families' in yours.

3 comments:

PQ July 23, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

my heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you, your company and all involved. what a tragedy...

Colleen MacDonald July 23, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

Oh I'm so sorry! That's close to me, too, location-wise.

Angie July 23, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

It is really so sad and tragic. I hate when things like this happens. It scares me too.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP