Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, August 14, 2009

La, La, La, La, La La, La, Life is Wonderful.

I have been a long-time fan/admirer of Jason Mraz. This is the third time I have seen him over the last 5 years or so and his concert tonight did not disappoint! And really, I'm not really that into "new music" so this really says something that I continue to buy tickets to his shows. Seriously, my music interests mostly stop short in the 90's.


BUT Jason's lyrics and voice are so beautiful. Simply taking in the words of his songs bring a shiver, tear and smile to me all at once. I can't think of another artist that does the same.


Beyond the 3 or 4 "hits" of his that people know from the radio, he really has such an extensive catalog of incredible music. And even if you don't know a song yet, you will be singing along by the end of it. He has this vocal range that is just astounding, too... he even sang opera tonight! Plus, he always freestyles, so you'll never here him sing any song same way twice. I'm so in awe that so much talent that come out of such a slight little guy; I just got home but I already cannot wait to see him again!

Ok, it's about time I stop idolizing a silly recording artist, it's just that I think he is so much more! I know he comes to St. Louis this Fall, so if you are able to go, GO! In fact, if he ever comes anywhere close to you wherever you live, GO! You will not regret it.

Now I must go to "Sleep all, sleep all day!" Goodnight.

1 comments:

Colleen MacDonald August 17, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

I love Jason Mraz, too!! He's very talented and I think he reaches out to all kinds of listeners.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP