Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A 'Before' House Tour

Now that we have settled in to our new home and done the truly important things (like get Internet access), I wanted to post a "before" house tour as promised. These are the images of our home taken from the listing and the inspection, so they still have the previous owner's flair.

House Stats:

  • Built in 1920's but majorly renovated in 2007
  • 2-Story, with painted brick on the original home and siding on the second floor addition.
  • 4 Bed, 2.5 Bath, ~2300 square feet
  • Unfinished, walkout basement
  • Backyard with a deck, and with a detached 2-car garage
  • Established neighborhood lined with large, old trees
  • One block from a great elementary school & playground, 5 minutes to daycare and about 12 minutes to work :-)
Exterior/Street View:
New House 1
Looking at entry from Living Room:
New House 2
Living Room:
New House 4Dining Room:
New House 3
Living/Dining/Stairs/Main Hallway:
New House 5
Looking at Stairs and Living Room from Dining Room:
New House 6
Family Room and Door to Back Deck:
New House 7
Kitchen:
New House 8
Eat in Nook and Kitchen Pantry:

IMGP3962

Half Bath/Powder Room on Main Level:

New House 9

Master Bath (the purple walls and ceiling were the first thing to go, before we even moved in):
New House 11
Master Bedroom (same with the silver paint, bye-bye):
New House 10
Now Claire's Bedroom:
New House 12
Soon-to-be-Office and Sewing/Craft Room:
New House 13
2nd Floor Laundry:

IMGP3974

There she is! We can't wait to start some small projects so we'll have some 'afters' to compare vey soon.

3 comments:

Business.Blueprints.Brides March 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM  

Beautiful house! Congrats!

meghan r March 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM  

It looks so amazing!!!

Kat March 21, 2012 at 8:48 AM  

Looks awesome!!! Is it bad that I secretly love the master bedroom and purple bedroom??? I am pretty sure I would live there alone though because Chad would die LOL.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP