Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our 12 Night Italian Itinerary

So we have officially paid our deposits for our lodging while in Italy, so it's time to reveal our travel itinerary! Right now we just have our plane tickets & hotels booked, no tours or anything, but we have time to think about those.


We will start our trip by landing in Venice and spending 3 nights at the Hotel Santa Marina:



We will then take a train to Florence to spend 2 nights at the Principe Hotel:



Then we'll take a very short train ride to the charming Tuscan town of Lucca. This town is also very close to Pisa, so we hope to take a 1/2 day trip there. In Lucca, we will stay for 3 nights at the Palazzo Alexander:



From there we will take a train south to Rome and finish our trip, with 4 nights at the Rezidenza Antica Roma:


Now on to the fun part, researching and planning all of our activities and site-seeing! Oh and of course, learning some Italian!

7 comments:

Jamie May 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

so. ridiculously. jealous.

good luck with the italian!

Coree May 7, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Awesome how exciting!

When I went to Rome I was a broke college student. We stayed in a tent!! That was an experience!

Jennelle May 8, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

You are going to have an absolutely ridiculously amazing time. I'm so jealous!

Colleen MacDonald May 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

You are going to have SUCH fun! I loved Italy when I went: the people are very very nice, the food is incredible, and the history and art are inspiring. I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Angie May 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Ok now I officially hate you. I'm so jealous.

Mary May 12, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Oh wow. I am speechless! Take a lot of pictures is all I can say!

Sarah May 19, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

Sounds great! I agree with your decision to just do a 1/2 day in Pisa. That was all we did, and it was plenty. (I'm sorry I didn't see your original post earlier.) We spent our entire 10 days in Tuscany. I could have spent way more time in Florence than I got! That city is the best. You have to go to the Carpisa store in Florence, it is near the Duomo. They have great handbags at really reasonable prices. If you have time, check out San Giminano. It is a cute little town with fun cafes.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP