Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Telephone Bench Makeover Revealed

A few weekends ago, I ventured to the suburbs and came back with some contraband spray paint (since spray paint is not sold in the Chicago City Limits) in order to finally makeover my telephone bench! I bought primer, clear gloss and yellow, green and aqua blue spray paint.


After much debate I decided that the yellow looked best with the yard of green printed fabric I had picked out, so I went with that. Here is the fabric:


Here is the "before" photo:



And now to the dirty work. First, I removed the seat and sanded the bench with the electric sander:


Next, I primed it:



And finally, I sprayed it yellow and also with a clear gloss:



I also tore the disgusting green vinyl off of the seat, added some new batting and reupholstered it with the new fabric:


And ta-da! My new and improved Telephone Bench:


And here is where it currently rests in our entryway!


7 comments:

Sarah May 7, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

you've got mad talent, girl. that turned out AWESOME. (and now i want one!) :)

LC May 7, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

Wow...nice work! I am very impressed!!!

Jennelle May 7, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

It looks great!

cassi May 7, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

That is so cute! You are so creative & talented!

Coree May 7, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

I have been waiting for this post! After your original post on telephone benches, I found myself on craigslist looking for one to redo myself. It looks great and you did a wonderful job! I love the colors!!

Lisa May 7, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

So adorable!!! You did such an amazing job with that :).

Anonymous July 9, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

im loving it.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP