Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What's in a name?

Ok, I know I am a bad blogger. One month between posts is unacceptable, so I'll try to be better!

But as I inch closer and closer to my wedding day, I realize there are some decisions that are bigger than centerpieces and hors d' oeuvres. For instance, in 90+ days I will become "Stephanie Married" instead of "Stephanie Maiden". Yikes!

I really struggle with the name change dilemma and feel different about it daily. I want to take my fiance's last name legally and for our eventual family, but I do feel like I have made SOMEWHAT of a name for myself professionally and am unsure of how a sudden change will effect it. (FYI: I am a recruiter and often times candidates find me thru searching linkedIn and referrals, etc.)

So should I change it legally and just transition into calling myself Stephanie Maiden Married for a while? Then eventually drop the Maiden?

Or do I stay Stephanie Maiden at work and Stephanie Married elsewhere?

I'd hate to make it all confusing, but then again what isn't confusing about living 27 years as a Maiden and then suddenly being called a Married??

Just one of the many struggles that ladies face, that men never even have to ponder.

1 comments:

Jennelle August 6, 2008 at 6:30 AM  

I think a slow transition would help. And I know on some websites, they store your maiden name even if you change, so that you still pop up when people search for you. :)

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP