Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Venice

The first stop on our tour of Italy was Venice.


Well, technically that is not true; we first landed in Munich, Germany and then hopped a short 1 hour flight to Venice with some of the most AMAZING views of the trip. Can you believe I captured these photos from my window seat?





Then we got transfered to our water taxi:


And we arrived at our beautiful accommodations, Hotel Santa Marina. We had breakfast on this veranda every morning (best espresso & coffee we had all trip!) and then we had night caps here most evenings as well.


Our hotel was a nice stroll from the major sites, including the Rialto Bridge:






We also took a gondola ride and saw many gorgeous things:





We also ate very well, with great views while doing so:



And we had some of the best pizza I have ever tasted. My favorite was Pizza Diavola, the Italian version of pepperoni pizza with a spicy salami on top:


Overall, Venice ended up surprising us as one of our favorite, most stunning stops all trip. It is quite a magical place, romantic and unique. With the absence of motor vehicles and lots of narrow walkways to get lost in, you would never believe how quiet and serene the whole city is which just adds to its appeal.

Next up, we board our train to Florence...


Arrivederci!

2 comments:

Jennelle October 2, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

Agh, everything looks gorgeous! And delicious! ;)

Angie October 3, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

You took the best pictures ever. I totally wanna go to Italy now!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP