Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Haagen-Dazs: The Honey Bee's Knees

I picked up a scrumptious pint of ice cream tonight at Whole Foods...

I can see what the buzz is all about. It's delicious. I love simple ice cream flavors. My favorite flavors are most anything with a vanilla base and just a few slightly sweet or salty additions such as caramel, nuts, etc. So the touch of honey added to this creamy vanilla goodness is such a fun surprise and makes my choice seem a little less...well, vanilla!

To top it off, there is even a worthwhile cause behind each spoonful.

Honey bee colonies are disappearing at a steady rate, and since we rely on bee pollination for one-third of our food supply, this is a bit of a crisis. Check out helpthehoneybees.com to find out how each bee built flavor helps Haagen-Dazs fund research to save the bees.

I can't think of a more delicious way to do my part!

3 comments:

Liz April 29, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

Sounds delish!

Jennelle April 29, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

Mmmm, I'll have to try that!

Colleen MacDonald April 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Vanilla is my favorite flavor of ice cream, and I can't wait to try this one. As a former beekeeper who lost all of my bees to Colony Collapse Disorder, I am overjoyed that they are supporting this cause!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP