Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, April 2, 2010

We'll miss you Grandpa

This morning my grandfather passed away. If there is a silver lining here, it's that he did not suffer which is perfect since he lived such a vibrant life.


He is a World War II Veteran, retired from Anheuser-Busch and retired AGAIN from my uncle's company just a few months ago. He loved Budweiser second only to his family... in fact, he taught me how to hold my beer without ever dropping it (pinky finger under the bottle of course). He lived 90 long years, was married for 67 years (wow, can you imagine!) and left behind an amazing legacy and a large, beautiful family.

Please keep my grandmother and my entire family in your thoughts & prayers.

8 comments:

Jennelle April 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

I'm so sorry. :(

Aimee April 2, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa's passing.

LC April 2, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

So sorry to hear about this, Stephanie. It sounds like he was a wonderful man who lived a fulfilling life.

N. April 2, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

I am so sorry for your lost. This was a beautiful tribute post.

Lisa April 2, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

I'm so sorry Stephanie. Lots of T & P for you...

Angie April 3, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

I'm so sorry girlfriend

Colleen MacDonald April 4, 2010 at 2:22 AM  

Oh honey, I'm sending big hugs to you. I love the photo of him (this is at your wedding, right?) and the legacy that he leaves behind.

Liz April 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

So sorry to hear this. Grandpas are very special people. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP