Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Ultimate Junk Drawer

Now that our library card catalog is in its place, it's time to reveal my list for what will soon fill all 60 of its drawers! I started by just thinking of all the little things that are usually strewn throughout our home and in random junk drawers and 60 items came to mind quite easily. In fact, I had to do a bit of editing to get it down to size, but here it is...


My List of Labels for our Library Card Catalog:
  1. Batteries
  2. Bills

  3. Buttons
  4. Calculator
  5. Camera

  6. Candles – Taper

  7. Candles – Tea lights

  8. Change

  9. Chapstick

  10. Checks

  11. Coupons

  12. Crayons

  13. Envelopes
  14. Fabric
  15. First Aid

  16. Flashlights

  17. Gift Cards
  18. Glue
  19. Greeting Cards

  20. Gum

  21. Hair Ties
  22. Hole Punches

  23. iPod

  24. Keys
  25. Light Bulbs
  26. Lighters

  27. Lint Roller

  28. Little Debbie Snacks (inside joke, they're Dave's guilty pleasure)
  29. Louie (the dog's medicine, vet info, etc.)
  30. Markers
  31. Matches

  32. Measuring Tapes

  33. Menus
  34. Nail Clippers, Files & Polish

  35. Needles & Thread
  36. Paint

  37. Paper
  38. Paper Clips
  39. Passports
  40. Pens
 & Pencils

  41. Playing Cards

  42. Post-it Notes

  43. Receipts
  44. Recipes
  45. Ribbon
  46. Rubberbands
  47. Rulers

  48. Safety Pins

  49. Scissors

  50. Stamps – Ink
  51. Stamps - Postage
  52. Stapler

  53. Stationary
  54. Stickers
  55. String

  56. Tacks
  57. Tape
  58. Tools
  59. Twist Ties
  60. Wine
I am already giddy just thinking about how much nicer it will be to find each of these things in one place and in alphabetical order none-the-less. Now I just need to find a font and paper I like, make the labels and load up the drawers!

6 comments:

Jennelle April 1, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

Brilliant! I'm excited to see the labels/font you use... I'm sure it will look perfect. :)

Colleen MacDonald April 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

That is just so organized and tidy. Can the contents of each drawer at least be messy? :)

cassi April 1, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

that's gonna be so cool!! so freaking organized! :)

i know this is random but i was browsing apartmenttherapy and saw this and just had to send it to you, it reminds me of your blog background! http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/la/bathroom/before-after-vivianas-bathroom-charmer-112535

Gillybean April 15, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Found my way here via Fine Diving...
That list is exhausting, and yet, SOOOO cool!

Is it sad I'm reading through your blog thinking "I would totally want to be her friend"?

And I would also drive to Indiana and back for a card catalog that cool. If only I had the space...

Stephanie April 15, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Thanks everyone, my plan right now it to type up the labels with my vintage typewriter, so wish my luck!

Welcome, Gillybean! Thanks for visiting. It's not sad at all that you'd want to be friends! I have many friends in the blogosphere...the more the merrier :-)

Unknown January 20, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

I love your blog and this story. Even more, I love this card catalog. If you ever decide to part with it (although I doubt it), I would be willing to triple your money for it. I live in Chicago. Just a thought. On another note, if you have any suggestions on where to look please let me know! Thanks!

Shannon

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP