Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, April 8, 2010

To everything there is a season...

Although the reason that I was home in St. Louis this weekend was a somber one, I was uplifted by a few things such as reminiscing with family, sorting through old photos and by the most beautiful trees that were in full bloom there.

Particularly gorgeous were the Flowering Dogwood (the Missouri state tree), and also the Bradford Pear trees. These photos were taken from my phone through the car window, but I still think they are just gorgeous.

Being that we had snow flurries in Chicago today, I'm really longing for those spring blooms, the sunshine and the warm spring breeze, but I know it will come soon.

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to reap;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...

1 comments:

Jennelle April 9, 2010 at 6:04 AM  

SNOW FLURRIES! Yuck! I'll take my dogwoods over that any day. :)

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP