Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, June 21, 2010

My New Obsession: American Pickers on History

I spent the weekend at home for Father's Day where my dad introduced me to a great show called, American Pickers on History. All along I thought the History channel was only for war buffs and archeology enthusiasts, but this show totally changed my tune. The show is somewhat reminiscent of an old favorite of mine, Antiques Roadshow on PBS, but about ten times more interesting.

American Pickers features, Mike & Frank, the ultimate drifting duo who forage through forgotten fields and beat-up barns in small towns across the country searching for antique artifacts and Americana that they can spruce up and re-sell.


Sometimes they turn a big profit and sometimes they buy a dud, but the stories they hear & the people they meet along the way make the journey entertaining no matter what kind of profit they turn.

Watching them also reminded me of my journey to Indiana for my library card catalog. The place I arrived at to get my goods, seems like a place that Mike & Frank could of had so much fun rummaging through and they probably would have come home with some things that I would have never known were of any value.

This is the episode that got me hooked, and I was dying to know where in "Northern Illinois" they found that old opera house with all of the cool posters. Any ideas Chicagoans?

New episodes of American Pickers are on Monday nights at 9/8c. Speaking of which, a new episode is on RIGHT NOW so I better let you go :-)

Check it out! Oh, and thanks dad!

5 comments:

Emily June 21, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Too funny! I am literally watching the show right this second. I love it! =-)

Jennelle June 22, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

I caught part of an episode last week--very interesting!

Schneiderdoodle June 22, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

I <3 this show!!! Along with Pawn Stars (also on the history channel),people bring in the most interesting stuff to sell and the guys that run the shop are funny.

Leftturnyielder June 22, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

My husband and I woke up to this show on after a nap on Sunday and we ended up watching it all day! We love it. We were laughing hysterically because we said this would be his father's dream vacation to America. We're getting him the DVDs for his birthday, he will die.

Anonymous June 23, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

nice! i have been meaning to catch up with this show on on demand. perfect for a lazy sunday.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP