Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My First Groupon: Floral Design Class

Today was my first Groupon purchase!


I just signed-up last night, so it was also the first Groupon that ever appeared in my inbox, yet I'm pretty sure that the fine folks over there were reading my mind. In that case, they would have known that I have been dying to take a floral design class, but that all the ones I found online (here and here) were very expensive and quite a time commitment.

So I'm sure that what happened, is that the nice people at Groupon waited patiently to send out this deal until the very day I decided to join :-) And I'm so happy that they did because now I can affordably test the waters of the new creative outlet that has recently piqued my interest. Today's deal that I snagged is this: $80 for a Floral Design Class at Epoch Floral ($175 Value). That's a 54% discount!


It's good for one year and the current class list is here. I think one of the coolest parts is that we get to take a trip through the flower wholesaler where we will be able to purchase flowers and supplies for our own personal use at the wholesale price. I probably won't be able to cash this in until September or later, since the Saturday classes will coincide with the Saturday photography class I start next month, but it will be something to look forward to as summer comes to an end. Best of all, my friend & colleague also got the Groupon today so we can go and learn together.

By the way do you Groupon? If not, click here to sign up for deals in your city, and you can also click here to learn more about how it works!

3 comments:

Maria June 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

That's awesome! Good for you!

Jennelle June 16, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

So cool! You find the most fun things. :)

Anna Patricia June 30, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

I also took floral classes just for fun and it was a really nice way to unwind!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP