This is one of those random compilation posts, since I was a bit absent from blogging lately due to playing catch-up at work from our vacation. But I do have a few little snippets to feature.
- This week I have been puppy sitting this beautiful little beast, my dog niece, Monster.
- A few weeks ago I received my first piece of "fan mail" for my blog from friend & fellow blogger, Sara. She is one of my creative comrades and receiving this from her was just the thing to brighten my day.
- I have been meaning to introduce you to a wonderful little book that makes a great gift, "How to Sew a Button: And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew". It serves as a quick read and a wonderful reference book for all of life's little "How To's" that the modern, yet traditional lady might need. And I just realized today that the author even has a cute blog to match.
- This weekend is the Old Town Art Fair here in Chicago. Today is rather overcast, but if I can pull Dave away from the World Cup coverage then I hope to make our way over there tomorrow.
It's one of my favorite summer street fairs here in the city and the place I first discovered my favorite local artist, Dolan Geiman, a few years ago.
- Last, but certainly not least, I finally have a Sunday TV obsession to look forward to again because the third season of True Blood premieres tomorrow night on HBO. Honestly, the first season was much better than the second season, but I hope the third makes up for it.