Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Which Ork Poster Should I Pick?

I just posted about my love for Chicago neighborhoods here (#5) and I have come to find that much of the art/wall decor in my home revolves in way or another around geography of some sort. (Unless you are talking about my bird room.)


I already have this piece from Dolan Geiman in our bedroom:


And I have two canvases in our main hallway, from Etsy Seller "geministudio", the Chicago Streets Canvas Art (where I live) and then I had him custom make me a matching St. Louis piece (where I am from) that he now sells in his shop.



But know I think I want a more colorful piece to put in our main living area and I came across Ork who makes some very cool City Neighborhood posters. I especially like a few of the Chicago prints.

Right now I am trying to decided between this printed poster in teal:


Or one of these two screen printed pieces in yellow/blue or orange/blue:

(You know I have a new found love of screen-printing.)

I think they would all look nice with a white frame. So which of those three would you choose?

9 comments:

Pamela April 7, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

i like them all and i LOVE that stl print!!! i asked ork to make a STL one a while back... no luck yet.

Pamela April 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

seriously... i'm totally lusting after the st louis print. like.... a lot.... and maybe even in an unhealthy way....

Jennelle April 8, 2009 at 6:10 AM  

Holy crap, I LOVE the Chicago/StL matching pieces!

cassi April 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Ooooh Steph I love these! Seriously I am so jealous of your interior decor eye for style! GAH! :) Are you putting the new poster by the other darker two? If yes then I'd say go with the yellow & blue one. It would brighten it up. OOOH I like them all!

Coree April 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Wow, all those are neat. I like the Orange one because you don't see a lot of Orange pieces.

Colleen MacDonald April 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

Well, I love them all, but I would choose orange! It really pops. If you can't do orange, then my second choice would be teal.

These are super hip and cool!

Stephanie April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Jenelle & Pam, you should order an STL print from that artist. He is local in Chicago but he sells on Etsy.

Funny thing, since he made it for me I made the list of places/streets on there and added "oakville" since I grew up there. Kind of out of place with the other urban areas, but I didn't think he'd sell it to others...lol.

And it looks like I'm still torn on the color of the ork poster. Glad you all like them, I MIGHT be leaning towards orange, but we'll see!

Unknown April 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Steph I want one! It would look so good in my room and double as an excellent learning tool! But I guess it would also make me a mega copycat ...

Steve L. August 20, 2011 at 1:35 PM  

Love the Chicago and STL prints, but why would anyone want to put Oakville and Westport Plaza on a print for St. Louis? Suburbs cheapen the whole piece. There is an awesome St. Louis neighborhood print available at
http://stl-style.com/_product_69202/City_of_St_Louis_Neighborhoods

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP