Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 9, 2009

I think I got my mojo back.

It has been almost 2 weeks since my last post, and honestly... I thought I had lost my creative mojo. I have been uninspired, a little stressed and somewhat mopey. It's been a combination of work, lousy weather, missing my hubby since it's his "busy season" and really just a bit of a general funk.


So, I decided I needed to get off my booty, get inspired and get another creative outlet! Last night, I went on the search for a class to keep me occupied & otherwise inspired, and I ended up enrolling in a beginner course called First-Time Screen-Printing for Paper at the Lill Street Art Center.

I. CANNOT. WAIT.



No, I have never done anything like this before. I consider myself to have a good "eye" for art & design, and I am crafty in my own right, but I hesitate to consider myself a hands-on artist. But that's about to change! I figure I spend so much of my time searching for awesome artwork to adorn our place on Etsy and other sites, that I might as well try my hand at creating my own!

Wish me luck! The class starts Sunday, March 29th, so I hope to come out of the 5 weeks with some inky hands and maybe even a piece that we can frame.

7 comments:

Jennelle March 9, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

That sounds awesome! I bet you're going to come away with a ton of cool creations. :)

Sarah March 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

how exciting and fun! i'd love to hear more about this class, so be sure to share stories and pictures :)

Coree March 9, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

I took a screen printing class in college for a grade. It was stressful for me because it was for a grade! For one of our class projects, we had to turn in a finished screen printed item. I did a t-shirt. I made a mess. The t-shirt looked good, except I got paint in areas that was not supposed to have paint. You know what I did? I took my t-shirt to a place in town that made t-shirts for all the sorority and fraternities. I had them use this chemical to clean it up the messy areas on my shirt. They made it all nice and neat. I turned my project in a good an A. Basically I cheated. I know that sounds horrible, but that was some quick thinking on my part huh?

Anyways, since you are doing it for fun, you should have a blast! I can't wait to see some pics!

Stephanie March 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

OMG, Coree that is hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

Coree March 10, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Oh jeez, sorry about all my grammatical errors! I was on the phone with my sis when I was typing it. I guess I wasn't paying attention. :-)

Colleen MacDonald March 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Watch out, world! Here comes another amazing artist! I'm sure you're gonna love it. I just took a class on transferring illustrations onto fabric using the Thermofax technique (like silkscreening only easier). WOAH! A whole new world, baby. A whole new world. Keep us posted.

Sara Ellen March 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

I bought a kit right before I got pregnant with Drew, but haven't figured it out yet. I looked for a class and the only one in STL I could find in the evenings were on Tues and Thurs nights 2 hours a night for a semester. A little more than I want to invest right now. :(

I am SO jealous!! I want to take the class with you. Just one more reason to move to Chicago. :)

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP