Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An Interview, subject me.

I’ve been interviewed. I took the challenge from blogger Sarah, and she sent me the following questions to ponder and answer...

1) What is one food you could not live without?
CHEESE. Hands down. I love it all. I love trying new cheese about as much as trying new wines, and pairing the two is divine. Sharp white cheddar is a fave. I have also grown to like blue cheese & gorgonzola very much. Smoked gouda is gooda (hehe) and for me, you can’t miss with swiss, especially gruyere. Yum. But I’m also not a cheese snob, give me a reduced fat stick of string cheese and I’m also good to go! The ONLY cheese I’ve come across that I am not a huge fan of is feta.



2) If you had the ability to cure one disease/illness/affliction in this world, what would you choose, and why?
Wow. Just one? Ok, I think that there is a lot of attention on physical disease & illness, but there is a scary silence around mental illness. I would love to “cure” depression, anxiety and any personality disorders… those afflictions that so many of our neighbors, friends and family may be dealing with, yet we may never be aware. Curing these common afflictions would not only leave millions of individuals to lead a better life, but would result in a stronger, more productive society as a whole.

3) Where do you find inspiration in life?
I have always been attracted to people, places and things that are different from me. That scares some people, but it inspires me for sure. For me, new settings bring fresh perspectives. I like to pick the brains of people who have lived where I have never lived, or visited where I have never visited. Accents also fascinate me, as well as regional dialects. I like speaking to people with opposing views from me because it either fires me up & affirms my beliefs or makes me take a step back and challenges them, but either way I am renewed and invigorated. I also am inspired by people with talents that I do not have, like musicians (though I have never picked up an instrument) and artists (though I can hardly paint-by-number), etc. because, even if they don’t make me pick up a Guitar or become the next Van Gogh, they do inspire me to be creative in my own right.

4) What is the funniest thing you have ever experienced?
I think everything is funny. I know it’s a cop-out, but this is a hard one! I laugh easily. And often. I was actually voted “Best Laugh” in high school, lol. (see!) I also can laugh at myself quite easily, making it hard to recall truly embarrassing moments in my life, because I’m rarely mortified. I do have one funny story AFTER the fact. Once, I had to have the Heimlich maneuver while on the Warner Bros. Studio lot in L.A. I was on the job, shooting a TV commercial and I choked on a piece of beef. The act of choking = not funny. The events that ensued and the entire story looking back on it = very funny. Since photos of the real Heimlich Maneuver are not funny, here is a useful and less scary dog-version:

5) What is your favorite tradition from your childhood?
One of my favorite childhood traditions is when we used to go apple picking, go to the pumpkin patch and also when we used to go cut down our Christmas tree. I don’t know if I’m allowed to lump those all into one category, but my memory throws these in the same basket so I think it counts! There is something about going outdoors in the cool weather as a family that makes me smile when I think of it. And the festivities that ensue when you arrive home with your goodies is the best part: mom making apple crisp, dad helping us carve a jack-o-lantern and of course trimming the tree as a family. As we got older (I am the oldest of 3 sisters), we ate less hand-picked apples, got our pumpkins from the grocery store and eventually bought a fake tree – maybe because we got busier or maybe because us girls appreciated the outings less as we got older, but now I have fond memories of those younger years.


Thanks for making me think, Sarah! And hopefully you all learned something you didn't already know about me. If anyone else wishes to continue this trend, leave me your email address and I'll send you 5 questions, too.

8 comments:

Jennelle March 11, 2009 at 6:06 AM  

Mmmm, cheese!

Angie March 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

Wait wait back up. You were shooting a commercial on the warner bros lot in LA? Were you IN the commercial? Are you famous! I wanna hear more about that!
That was a great interview and a good read.

Sarah March 11, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

i love your answers! these are so fascinating to read...
what are your feelings on goat cheese? it is by far my favorite. and that is absolutely the exact answer i would have given to question #2! and i literally laughed out loud to your diagram that accompanied question #4. i have never known anyone that has actually administered or been on the receiving end of the heimlich maneuver, good to know it works! i laugh at just about anything, too...
good read stephanie!

Stephanie March 11, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

Angie, I am NOT famous! I was a copywriter at an ad agency at the time and I wrote a commercial for Sprint, that we were filming in LA ;-) A Production Assitant on set had to come over and give me the Heimlich!

Mary March 11, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

I don't think I could love without cheese either. I could never pick a favorite, but I could definitely live without swiss. And it sounds like you have some family traditions to carry on when you have your own kids.

Liz March 11, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Stephanie, will you interview me? mcfargan@gmail.com

N. March 11, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

You don't like feta?!?! Crazy girl.
The rest of your answers were very interesting though. ;)

Stephanie March 11, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Yes, Sarah I LOVE goat cheese. And no, Nikki, I don't like Feta! And yes, I even surprise myself with that one!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP