Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mellow Yellow Linen Cabinet

I know I have written about our lovely loft and it's lack of closet-space or storage before, so I have been on the search for a linen cabinet to house our towels and sheets in style. For the life of me, I cannot remember which of the hundreds of home decor blog posts I found this on last night, but it immediately caught my eye and I drug the photo to my laptop's desktop for later review.


Isn't it pretty?


So I set out to do an extensive google search for a place to purchase a similar gem and luck was on my side. I typed in "Yellow Linen Cabinet" and to my surprise the very first thing to pop up was this very cabinet at Ikea!

I present to you the HEMNES Linen Cabinet in yellow:

Wait! It gets better... My wonderful husband, Dave, is working in the burbs at a client this week right across the street from an Ikea and he offered to pick it up for me/us tonight! Isn't he great ;-) And due to Ikea's super cool online feature, I was actually able to check for him if the item was in stock at our store and exactly how many they had left (7). Uber-convenient when it's midnight and you are online shopping. I can't wait to see it.

The room I am putting it in, our guest bedroom/office, is currently covered in a not-so-subtle bird theme in browns and aqua blues/greens, so I think this will add a nice "pop" of sunshine. I also am thinking that I might change out the hardware and buy some cute drawer knobs at anthropologie just to spice it up a bit.

So far I like this Granita Knob in teal:



And this Rosy Knob in kelly green or aqua:
I'll see how the cabinet looks when it gets home tonight and go from there!

5 comments:

N. March 10, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

Love.it!!! Can't wait to see it at work in your home.

Sarah March 10, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

:0 <-- that is my jealous face. you'll definitely have to post pics of your new fabulous cabinet when it's built and ready to roll at home. i especially love that first knob, but i really don't think you could go wrong with anything picked out from anthropologie. hooray for ikea!

andrea March 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

I love yellow! I am very jealous of your new gem. Post pics asap!!!

Jennelle March 11, 2009 at 6:05 AM  

Oh, it's gorgeous!

Mary March 11, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

I am jealous that you live in a city that has an Ikea. I remember spending a lot of time there when I lived in DC. That's a great find!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP