Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snow. Sunday Brunch. Screwed Tire. Screen-printing.

What a Sunday! To start out, we woke up to a snow storm this morning and then hubby surprised me by saying we had reservations for Sunday Brunch at The Signature Room on the 95th floor of the John Hancock center downtown! This is a big surprise because 1) Dave never plans things and 2) He hates going to brunch. So this was a very special, and greatly appreciated gesture. 


The weather made the visibility sparse, but we still had a lovely view, scrumptious mimosas and I ate more snow crab claws than one should ever eat in one sitting.



Next, we headed into the overpriced parking garage to find our tire on our car was completely flat :-( We got out and found a large screw protruding out of the tire.

 


Great. Luckily, our Volvo came with free roadside assistance, so we dialed the number and found out it was a THREE HOUR wait due to the snow warning in Chicago. Boo. So we decided that I would take a cab home and Dave would work from his office downtown until they called to say they were on the way to fix it.

I feel so bad that the weather and the flat tire put a damper in Dave's whole little morning date he planned for us, but I still had a great time. And while I wait for him to get home with the car, I am now mentally preparing for my first screen-printing class tonight at the Lill Street Art Center, that I first mentioned here. It says to "dress for mess" but I'm still not sure how messy I want to show up on the first day. I think jeans and a long-sleeve T-shirt will suffice.

I'll let you all know how it goes!

6 comments:

Jennelle March 29, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

Oh, brunch sounds amazing! Have fun tonight. :)

Sarah March 29, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

aww, how cute and totally sweet of dave, and that SUCKS about the snow and the popped tire. have a wonderful time at your screen printing class tonight, i hope we get to see pics!

Angie March 29, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

That Sure is a lot of Esssses in your title! 1. brunch kicks ass.
2. hubs planning it kicks ass.
3.)nail is tire blows.
4.)new class kicks ass
Have fun!

Colleen MacDonald March 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

What a nice hubby. Sorry 'bout the tire, that is a total bummer. Can't wait to hear about how the class goes, though!

N. April 3, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Your letter is... N!

Pamela April 6, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

i love brunch! i hate snow and screws in tires.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP