Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mellow Yellow's Mini-Makeover & Reveal

I posted last week about the yellow Ikea HEMNES Linen Cabinet that we purchased and could not wait to put together, and now it's time for the big reveal.


It came is two boxes with three full bags of hardware and a huge book of instructions. Yikes! I usually love putting things together, but I'm not gonna lie, this was pretty daunting.



Luckily, Dave took the reigns and did all the construction.


One thing I was not bargaining for, was the circus tent striped yellow drawers and back of the dresser. So I bought some cute green and white floral contact paper/shelf liner from the Home Depot and am really happy with the results.

Before:



After:


Before and After for the back:


Louie loves it!


And now the bedroom before:


And after:

View of the bed so you can see how it coordinates:



More views:



Ta-da!

11 comments:

Jennelle March 15, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Wow, that looks awesome! And I had no idea that they sold such cute contact paper. Love it!

Anonymous March 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

looks great, love it! i also love the bird print, did you get that from target? have been eyeing it!

Coree March 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

OMG! SO CUTE! I want one now! I love all your little birdie details too!

Stephanie March 15, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

Thanks, ladies.

Jenelle: I know, right? My first idea was the get cute wallpaper, but most place don't let you purchase just one role, so I found some cute contact paper to do the trick.

"C": I got the bird prints about a year ago from art.com, artist "Swan Papel" if you want to do a search. I got 4, two birds and two florals.

Sarah March 15, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

holy cow, i am SO SO SO impressed with your skills! it looks amazing in its new space with the MUCH better paper you put in the drawers and as the backdrop. kudos to you and your hubby for a job well done!

Angie March 15, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

It looks awesome! Very cool, congrats!

andrea March 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

So very cute! I want one! I, too, did not know that there was such cute contact paper out there!

cassi March 16, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Seriously steph, you have such a great eye for design, everything looks so great! You have such creative ideas! I'm tellin you again you've gotta decorate my house for me! ;)

Trisha March 16, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Looks awesome! :)

Colleen MacDonald March 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

What a simple but BIG improvement! I love it, and I love that it's a sunny yellow.

Mary March 17, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Ooh, I just love things behind cabinets and in drawers-it really cuts down the the dusting:) And what an improvement with the new contact paper. Oh, and BTW, if you would like a real-life cockatiel to complete your bird room, just let me know.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP