Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our New (to us) Car!

We got a new car today! We got a silver 2007 Volvo XC90 V8. It only has 21,000 miles and has all of the trimmings... leather heated seats, wood trim steering wheel, navigation system, DVD (these were in no way must-haves, but they happened to come in it at a great deal, so who can pass it up?). 


We only keep one car, so while we know this isn't the most economical or green choice out there, it will last us forever (Volvo's estimated lifetime is 250K miles!) and is super-safe, so we went for it. Also I highly recommend shopping on the last day of the month if you are serious about purchasing; they definitely sweetened the pot when we first hesitated to purchase until Monday. He flat out told us that they wanted to make their monthly goal! Hey, I appreciate honesty... and a good deal.

I'll try to post pics of our actual car later, but here's a stock photo:


2 comments:

Angie February 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

Wow that is a gorgeous car! I miss my butt warmers! Those will def come in handy in chi town. Congrats!

LC February 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

YAY! We just got a new (to us) Volvo too! Congrats...it is beautiful!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP