Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Etsy, and what else?

I love shopping online for unique, handmade goods, so Etsy is an obvious choice (and obsession) for me. I have purchased everything on there from art to jewelry to baby shower gifts and wedding paraphernalia and it never gets old.


But, I can't help but think that there must be various other online communities/shops out there that serve the same purpose; so I'm wondering where else do you all look for handmade and vintage treasures?

One Etsy seller I have purchased from, Colleen @ BCharmer, wrote in a recent blog post about a new online store called Art Garage Sale. At first glance, it looks to be another start-up Etsy-like site and I can't wait to peruse it as it adds more and more sellers.

I have also recently found a site called Supermarket featuring, Great Design. Straight from designers. This looks like a gem as well! One of my favorite Chicago artists, Dolan Geiman, has some work on this site now too, as well as on Etsy. I own this box print of his already:


And I think it will be great to find other great artists like him via the Supermarket.

So those are a few of my new online "Etsy-like" finds. Please let me know if you have any others to share!

2 comments:

Dolan Geiman January 22, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

Hi Stephanie!

Thanks so much for the shout-out on your blog! We also just realized you've been following along with ours - so twice the thanks to you!

We do this weekly feature on our blog - the Friday Link Love, where guest bloggers put together a list of ten sites/blogs organized around a certain theme - and we would greatly enjoy it if you organized one! We also do a write-up on the special-guest organizer...

Shoot us an Email if you want to participate: info[at]dolangeiman[dot]com

Thanks again and keep in touch!
Dolan Geiman & Ali Walsh
DolanGeiman.com

Colleen MacDonald January 22, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Cool BEANS! I didn't know about Supermarket; I'm off to go check them out!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP