Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 5, 2009

Well, I got wellies!

So I totally splurged on an early b-day present for myself today and purchased a pair of Hunter boots/wellies, from Zappos.


I usually would go right for the green pair, but ironically I thought the green Hunter's were too "hunter" green.

Next, I considered the orange pair, but wasn't sure if they said "bright and cheery" or "construction worker":


So I decided on the aubergine color instead, which I thought were dark enough to be somewhat neutral, while still being purple enough to say "cute & fun"! 


I just hope they fit over my calves, because I am very excited about them and it would be a shame if I had to return them! I should know soon though with Zappos super-fast free shipping.

6 comments:

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

This is absolutely wonderful!

Sarah January 6, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

oooo those are awesome! do you have a pair of skinny jeans to tuck into them?
i bought wellies for my recent trip to ireland and they came in handy, although i didn't have skinny jeans so i just rolled up the bottom of my bootleg jeans and that seemed to work. i got mine from shoebuy.com, and mine are actually TOO big on the calves.

Coree January 6, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

Very cute! Good color choice too! I am thinking about getting some too.

I have problems with my calves fitting into boots. It drives me crazy.

Colleen MacDonald January 6, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Hooray for boots; that's what I got myself for my birthday, too! But mine were snow boots. I love the wellies, and I hope they fit!

Mary January 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

I have thought about getting a pair that has a pattern, but am too chicken. I love the purple pair, though!

Sara Ellen January 6, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Very cute! You always were a shoe lover...weren't you? Love the new logo. And Yes the Dannan, party of 3, would love to come visit you Collets in Chicago this spring! : )

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP