Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Buon Appetito!

I am so excited about this tour we just booked while we will be in Florence. It's called Taste Florence and from the reviews on TripAdvisor it appears to be a foodie's dream.


Here is the description we got from our contact.

BRIEF TOUR DESCRIPTION:

Our tour brings you to Florence's San Lorenzo neighborhood. We first
stop at the central market, where the locals do their shopping. Here,
we taste several cheeses, including pecorino and parmigiano, balsamic
vinegars and glazes, crostini, sauces and chutneys, wine, and more.

Our next stop is at a local wine shop. This enoteca is a hidden
treasure! Here, we taste Tuscan wines and learn about their origins.

Now we head toward the Uffizi galleries, passing by the Duomo and
other monuments. Our last stop is at one of Florence's oldest and best
gelato shops, where we try gelato, sorbetto, semi-freddi and granita
and learn how they are made. The gelato shop uses only fresh, natural
ingredients.

My mouth is watering already and we still have 2 1/2 months until we get to experience it. The cutest part, is the photo that they sent us to tell us where to meet:


I love the stellar info-graphics here. Hopefully we don't stand in front of the wrong door and miss it ;-)

Buon Appetito!

7 comments:

Coree June 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

Sounds amazing and yummy!!!

Colleen MacDonald June 17, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

You're so funny; but seriously, you're just going to have SUCH a good time. I love it that you can start enjoying your vacation now with all of the anticipation!

Jennelle June 17, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

OMG, that sounds amazing! Now I'm craving wine, cheese, and crostini. :)

Angie June 17, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

I'm sooooo jealous!

Anonymous June 18, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

And now I'm dying to go back to Italy and take this tour. So fun!

Mary June 19, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

I'm drooling! That tour sounds like heaven.

Anonymous June 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

OMG, how awesome & I'm totally friggin jealous! can't wait to see pics!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP