Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our New Camera

It's been a month since my big Kentucky Derby win and I decided to put my winnings to good use by finally ordering our new DSLR camera online!


I settled on a Pentax K200D SLR Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens and purchased it online from B&H Photo with no tax and free shipping!



I did a lot of comparison shopping and comparative research, and ultimately settled on the Pentax because:

a). I've owned a Pentax point-and-shoot in the past and it lasted me 6 years with amazing quality photos, I have yet to find a comparable replacement.

b). It's equipped with Pentax's Shake Reduction mechanism, which reduces camera shake for sharp, blur-free images.

c). It's body is sturdier than most I compared it to, with dust-proof, water-resistant construction.

d). This Pentax will accept ANY Pentax lens ever made, even from decades past. No, I don't own old Pentax lenses right now, but I like that I have the option to find many interchangeable and affordable lenses in the future, new or used, that will extend the life of my camera body, hence making it less likely to become obsolete to me.

The best news is that it is supposed to me delivered TOMORROW. I can't wait to open it up and try it out this weekend. I know I have a lot to learn but it will be a fun process.

I'll be sure to start posting many more photos very soon!

4 comments:

Angie June 5, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

Yay for new cameras! I fricken love my Canon and have already taken a gazillion pix. Good thing my camera card holds 1500 pix! I promise to share tips and tricks with you as I learn them.

LC June 5, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Very exciting!!! Congrats!

Colleen MacDonald June 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

How fabulous! I can't wait to see the pictures you take, and to hear how you like it.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend June 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

Enjoyed reading your blog today. I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP