Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chirp Chirp

When we, scratch that, when I was registering for our wedding I seriously started out with 5 or 6 different sets of dinnerware/china on our list from 3 or 4 different stores. They weren't all fancy, some were casual and only one or two were "fine", but I can't help it I just really like dishes!


Of course by the time our registries went public I had widdled that down and one of the many patterns that got "cut" was this super-cute Lenox pattern, called Chirp:



Most anyone that knows me, knows that I love birds but this set was just too expensive for casual/everydayware and too kitschy/themey/birdy to count as my timeless fine china. So I sadly let it go.

So now, well after our wedding and with no room left in my china cabinet, Target is tempting me with their much more affordable and just as cute version! It's called Spring Song and it makes me happy:


Isn't it darling?

Have I purchased it? No. 

Will I? Not in the near future. 

But I'm hoping that I might inspire someone with more room in their china cabinet and more fun money left in their bank account (preferably someone that I know!) to buy it AND to invite me over for a fabulous luncheon featuring these lovely birdie place settings.

Anyone?

3 comments:

andrea June 18, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

I love "chirp" too, but when we went to register...he put the kabosh on the fun dishes...

I will have to check out the Target dishes! Maybe you can just purchase accent plates??? so cute!

Anonymous June 24, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

so cute....love the bird dishes! now you got me all wanting to buy them!!!!

Katie Hamilton December 17, 2013 at 8:52 PM  

I have birdsong and get always get compliments on them. Now, several years after purchasing them for myself, I would love to get some for my mom but can't find them anywhere. Has anyone seen them?

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP