Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, February 19, 2010

My Milkshake Menu

Last night I had my oral surgery to remove all 4 wisdom teeth and I have to say it could have been much worse! I actually feel ok and I believe the worst part will be not being able to eat much solid food for a while. So I'm getting creative with my soft/liquid menu and fixing up a couple of non-traditional milkshakes.


Please note:
*I generally prefer malts so I usually add original Malted Milk to my shakes, but if you don't prefer malts you can simply omit!
**These recipes won't have exact measurements since I just wing it, but you can add & blend to your own taste & texture likings. I think I averaged about 3 scoops of ice cream and a cup or so of skim milk per serving.

Monkey Shake Recipe
This is inspired by my generous colleague, Emily, who gave me a gift bag full of all of the ingredients to make Monkey Shakes prior to my surgery.

  • Vanilla Ice Cream
  • 1 small Banana
  • Chocolate Syrup
  • Shot of brewed coffee or espresso
  • Milk

Vanilla Cupcake Shake
This is inspired by my leftover pink vanilla frosted valentine cupcakes I made which were taunting me, begging to be consumed (if not chewed) last night.

  • Vanilla Ice Cream
  • 1 whole Frosted & Sprinkled Vanilla Cupcake
  • Milk
  • 2 tablespoons of Original Malted Milk

Cheesecake Milkshake
I have yet to try this one, but it was a suggestion from my friend, Lori, who said these saved her life last year while she had her jaw wired shut.

  • Vanilla Ice Cream
  • Scoop of Philadelphia Ready-To-Eat Cheesecake Filling
  • Milk
  • *maybe Malted Milk...we'll see!

So those are my three, unique milkshake recipes so far. If anyone out there has any other fun recipes to share, please do!

3 comments:

Pamela February 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

great post.

-the Milkshake Fanatic!

andrea February 20, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

you are too cute! you even make oral surgery seem okay with your wonderful milkshake recipes! Loving the way the cupcake one sounds. yum.

next time you are in STL, go to Pi on Manchester, they have a milkshake bar!

When I had my widsoms removed, I lived on chocolate ice cream. It was heaven!

Colleen MacDonald February 22, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

What a brilliant idea! After I had my wisdom teeth removed, I lost about 15 pounds because I was too uninspired to make shakes. But I also had a more complicated surgery, so was kinda out of it for a while. I'm SO glad that you're feeling good and getting on with life! That's great.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP