Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ouch...oral surgery.

I should have been wise enough to get my wisdom teeth pulled when I was young and resilient.


Instead I spent the better part of last week on a liquid diet due to a severe toothache caused by an infection in the gum surrounding my bottom right wisdom tooth. The antibiotics have made chewing manageable at this point, but now I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday so that it doesn't happen again :-(

So go ahead, tell me all the great experiences you all have had with getting yours pulled with little-to-no swelling, bruising or throbbing pain :-)

4 comments:

Angie February 17, 2010 at 4:46 AM  

Sorry you're in pain girl! I had mine pulled when I was a senior in high school, and lucky for me I had no problems. Don't hate! lol

Jennelle February 17, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

I was fine--I probably shouldn't have had Pizza Hut the same night I had them taken out, but you can't tell that to a high schooler. ;) I did have some swelling, and it was difficult to open my mouth for about a week, but honestly? Not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. And I was fascinated with the squirty thing... Gross, I know. :)

Pamela February 17, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

i was so paranoid about getting dry sockets that i followed all their suggestions to a T. i did ice of/on every 30 minutes, slept propped up, etc. i had almost zero swelling and no pain. my recovery was a breeze.

also, i didn't eat solid food for abut a week just because i was scared something would get stuck. like i said, i was totally paranoid but i think it paid off.

-Pamela

andrea February 20, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

I had no problems either, but I actually enjoyed eating noting but ice cream, pudding and other soft treats.

I was in college, a sophomore I think, and the recovery was very easy. Maybe I was just lucky like your other commenters?

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP