Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I've got sunshine, on a snowy day.

After a snowy, slushy walk home from work tonight, I curled up to read my new issue of Real Simple magazine. I didn't make it past the first page, when I was smacked in the face by a Target ad featuring this "frugalista find"... a cute white & yellow striped springtime trench.


Immediately to my online shopping cart it went!

I got sidetracked from my magazine at that point, and started snooping around and found these bright, shiny rainboots. My trouble trying to fit into those pricey Hunter boots has been well-documented over the last year (here, here, here and here), but none fit. So for almost 1/6 of the price, I think I'll try to fit these cute little boots over my calves.



And while I'm on my yellow kick...

This summer vacation will be spent with Dave's family at the lake, so I'll need a modest yet flattering swimsuit to wear around the in-laws. It might look a little matronly at first, but I like the throw-back vibe.



Plus, I think the model is missing a few of the necessary curves, or outright thickness needed to make this style look right. No worries here though ;-)

So there you have it! My impulse dashes of yellow I will soon be adding to my wardrobe courtesy of Target and inspired by Real Simple. And all for under $100!

Hurry-up spring, I'm ready for you!

7 comments:

Angie February 11, 2010 at 2:54 AM  

I'm SO ready for spring too!

Jennelle February 11, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

All THREE for less than $100!? That's awesome! Those are all absolutely adorable. :)

LC February 11, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

Great minds think alike! I just posted those boots on my blog a couple of days ago and they are in the mail! I also have that suit in black and I LOVE IT! Definitely looks better on a curvy girl. I didn't know they came in colors...I will have to check that out. I love the coat too! I really need a raincoat that has a hood but a cute spring trench is also a necessity. Oh Target... what would I do without you!

Pamela February 11, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

i LOVE all the yellow! i had a suit almost identical from VS in colbalt blue and love it.

i like the new layout too!

-Pamela

Stephanie February 11, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

Angie - I know you HATE yellow, so I'm surprise you commented ;-)

Jennelle: I know! Great deal.

LC: Yes, I saw your boot post too and totally didn't even put 2 & 2 together, too funny that you have the same suit too. Glad you like it.

MXQ: I have a similar suit in blue from JCrew too and I like it, but it doesn't come down on the hips like this one. Hope I like it just as much. And thanks for the shout-out on the new layout :-)

Sarah February 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

you just don't ever stop being the cutest, do you? you have magical taste, stephanie :)

andrea February 14, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

love all the yellow!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP