Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"Everyone needs beauty as well as bread." ~ John Muir

I just had a quick find over lunch that I just had to tell people about. If you are still in need of gifts for some gal pals in your life, you must check out nest !


Every purchase on this site helps women in developing nations, plus the clothing, art and accessories are very cute!

From the site: "Nest is a nonprofit organization dedicated to changing the lives of women in developing countries. The mission of Nest is to support women artists and artisans in the developing world by helping them create sustainable entrepreneurial businesses. To do this, Nest provides micro-credit loans to be used for the purchase of the supplies and materials necessary to begin and/or maintain art or craft-based businesses."

Check out this awesome framed art from a loan recipient in Turkey, only $26:


And these Cosmetic Cases from a loan recipient in Guatemala, $22:




Have fun shopping for a good cause!

0 comments:

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP