Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Tree is Trimmed

We finally went out today and got our first real Christmas tree!! We have very tall ceilings (16 ft) but a very narrow space to put our tree, so we needed a tree that was tall enough, but not too wide in circumference. Growing up we used to go cut down a tree from a tree farm and we always had Scotch Pines. When we got older my parents bought a gorgeous & realistic looking artificial pine tree that they still use today. So I was always partial to pines, but the selection of pines at the lot we went to were very short and wide.


So after a few strolls up and down the aisle, we decided on an 8 foot Balsam Fir . It is just narrow enough, while still being full. Plus, it smells AMAZING so it put us right in the Christmas spirit.

Here it is before:


Then as I started to string the lights, Dave started making us some Apple Cider. Easy Recipe:
1 Qt Cider
3 tbsp Caramel apple mulling spice mix
1 cinnamon stick (more for looks than anything, lol)
Top with reddi whip
And enjoy!


Then, after a few sips we managed to finish the tree:


And here is our wedding cake topper that we found a dual purpose for:

And one of our "First Christmas" Ornaments, a wedding present from my aunt:


Next our tree star and my lovely tree skirt I got on clearance from Crate & Barrel outlet last year:


Which matched the stockings from Crate & Barrel as well. I also got the stocking hangers and Louie's (the dog's) stocking from Target this year:


And ta-da! We now have Christmas in our loft!


4 comments:

Sarah December 8, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

all of your decorations look wonderful... that's a great idea to check out C&B after the holidays for a good sale, i'll have to hit them up.

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

looks wonderful, I especially love the cake topper in the tree!

shanna December 17, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Congratulations on the tree--really feels like Christmas once you get it up, right? :)

cassi December 18, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

Love your decorations! Especially your mantle, sooo pretty!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP