Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kitschy Kool: Volume 3: Quiche

Yes, Quiche. lol. A little old-school, packed with calories and utterly delicious! My mother-in-law made us a bacon and egg quiche while we were home for Christmas and it rekindled my love for these savory pies/tarts.

I also follow a blog called Artsy-Foodie and today she posted a recipe for crustless quiche (that has to make it a little healthier, right?)...doesn't that sound and look divine? It sounds so simple, yet so scrumptious and perfect for a New Year's brunch.



Potato Spinach Crustless Quiche (serves 6-8)
1 1/2 cups sauteed chopped spinach
1 1/2 cups roasted potatoes, diced size
16 oz lowfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg whites
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup shredded cheese (mild cheddar or italian mix)
3 tablespoons GF breadcrumbs

Preheat oven 375F
Oil a ceramic lasagna dish

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to the baking dish. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I think I may try it this weekend!

And if you are looking to start off this New Year with a clean kitchen and prefer to eat out instead, one of my favorite places to order quiche in the Saint Louis area is at the The Blue Owl, in historic Kimswick, MO. This place may be more quaint than kitschy, with all the ladies serving you in big blue frilly aprons, but any way you slice it they have delicious quiche and pies. They always have a quiche (or 3) of the day and they are totally yummy.

Lastly, in effort to forcefully theme "Kitchy Kool" with "Quiche" for this posting, I googled "kitschy quiche" and wouldn't you know it, came up with a blog featuring a recipe for "kitsch quiche", lol. Sounds good, if you want to try it...mmmm Gruyere cheese.

So as we round out 2008, I hope to kick off my New Year with a quiche or two and maybe I have inspired you to do the same!

1 comments:

Colleen MacDonald December 31, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

I adore quiche, and mine is usually crustless! Your recipe looks soooo good.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP