Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Kitschy Kool: Volume 1: Mad Libs

I know my blog really has no clear focus, and I sort of like it that way. From my somewhat comical political run-ins to my favorite handmade finds, I really just like to chronicle my day-to-day (I know, sometimes week-to-week) events and thoughts. Plus, I have a journalism degree and USED to write for a living so I felt that if I didn't start writing again, at least casually, I'd lose it!


However, in an effort to have a bit of a theme to the randomness (I'm a conceptual person at heart) I am starting a regular blog entry which I will title "Kitschy Kool". In it, I will feature something, anything, that I choose to highlight as simply kitschy (which by the way doesn't have the most positive literal definition) yet Cool... but with a K because I like same letter alliteration ;-)

Today, for my first Kitschy Kool feature I would like to highlight Mad Libs! Who didn't love playing this retro, yet oh so cool -- and even somewhat educational -- game full of fill-in-the-blanks for your favorite parts of speech?? These were a slumber party favorite of mine:



My love for them was renewed when I found smaller, party favor versions at Target and added them to our Flower Girl & Ring bearer gifts at the rehearsal dinner. My little cousin couldn't stop playing them! And with so many varieties these days, they are still fun for young and old. 


I think I will purchase a few of these as stocking stuffer gifts this year, just for old times sake. 

So folks, I hope you enjoyed my first edition of Kitschy Kool featuring Mad Libs... From this self-proclaimed grammar & game geek to you!

5 comments:

andrea December 6, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

love mad libs! I have heard of people using that idea for their wedding, rehearsal, bachelorette, etc...party invitations!

totally fun and I would love to receive these as a stocking stuffer. what a great idea Steph!

Sarah December 6, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

holy crap that is a genius idea.... and FAMILY GUY mad libs?! amazing. have you seen those in a particular store somewhere? my husband would love that. thanks for posting this great idea, and i will look forward to more "kitschy kool" posts in the future!

Stephanie December 6, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

Sarah, I found the family guy mad libs at madlibs.com and amazon!

Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Oh my goodness, I want to go out and get some right now! I used to love MadLibs! And a Family Guy madlibs is just genius :)

Angie December 7, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

I LOVE mad libs! So many memories of doing them in grade school with my girlie friends, laughing so hard we almost exploded.
I got some recently that are kind of risque. They have some 50's couples on the front. Awesome town!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP