Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dear Microplane...

Dear Microplane,


Where have you been all of my life? In particularly, where were you just last weekend when I was grating two blocks of cheese for our Valentine's fondue with another grater, which resulted in sore biceps for days? I don't know why it took me so long to bring you into our home, but I'm so glad we have finally adopted you (gotta love registry completion discounts). You just shaved minutes off of my shredding, zesting and grating needs forever, though I may have you to blame for my flabby arms now. Oh, and by the way you are also responsible for the most incredible microwave white cheddar nachos I have ever had, the perfect 60-second snack (grating & cook time included!).


Sincerely,
Steph

P.S. I think you are worth every penny!

3 comments:

N. February 19, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

ha, ha! Glad you discovered the microplane. It's an essential tool in our kitchen, too.

Teresa February 20, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

Love this post!

The microplane graters are the BEST!

Mary February 20, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

I loved my microplane grater until it attacked my finger and shaved off skin and nail. Ouch. I should not be allowed to use sharp objects!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP